Monday, January 5, 2009

Star Trek: Initiation

In addition to our resolution to do at least 2 episodes of Video Revue per month, this year I resolve to finally start watching Star Trek. There are two main reasons for this:

1. I don't really know if I can call myself a sci-fi fan until I watch what may be the most popular sci-fi show of all time.

2. When I go to the Star Trek movie later this year, I'd like to have some background on the show and characters.

So I have decided that the best way to do this is to watch every episode, in order, starting with the first "real" episode (not the pilot episode with Captain Pike). I'll have my reaction to each episode up on the blog, and I plan on doing at least one a week, so be sure to check back here often for more on my "Star Trek Initiation Challenge"!

(I considered calling myself "Star Trek Girl" a la "Twilight Guy" but I felt like a copycat. And anyway, "Star Trek: Initiation" has a better ring to it.)

No comments: