Saturday, October 17, 2009

Surprise! Video Revue from Deep 13 TODAY!

Yes, that's right, your weekly dose of Video Revue is available a full day early! This week, Johnny and I discuss the groundbreaking cult sci-fi hit Mystery Science Theater 3000. From their early days on local KTMA to the aftermath of the show's cancellation, we've got it covered.

If you've found our site through Satellite News, welcome! Thanks for listening and checking out the blog, and I hope you'll tune in again.

As always, you can listen to us directly on Podshow, or, if you like what you hear, you can subscribe to us on iTunes! Just search for "Video Revue."

YouTube channel of the week: romeorhino. Click for more of his great MST-style commentary!

Also, check out what the MST crew is up to these days: RiffTrax features Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, and Kevin Murphy. Cinematic Titanic features basically everyone else: Joel Hodgson, Trace Beauleiu, Frank Conniff, Mary Jo Pehl, and J. Elvis Weinstein.

And one final note: This episode, and this show, would not be possible without this episode of Subject:Cinema (the first episode I ever listened to, from way back in June 2006). I listened, I wrote, I listened some more, and eventually Johnny and I decided to give this podcasting thing a try ourselves. And the rest, as they say, is history.

There's only so much of MST3K's history that we can cover in an hour, so we'd love to hear your feedback! What's your favorite episode? Best season? Did we get some facts mixed up? Let us know! Our email address is videorevue@gmail.com.

Coming next week: Svengoolie and other horror movie hosts! For a while, I contemplated dedicating half of the show to MST and the other half to Sven, but I decided it would be better to give each show its own episode. I don't want to inadvertently pit fans of one show against fans of the other. They're both great shows and I want to give them both their due.

And remember: Watch out for snakes!